GamingSteam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm back; and boy-howdy, how back I am.

5 posters

Go down

I'm back; and boy-howdy, how back I am. Empty I'm back; and boy-howdy, how back I am.

Post by myjobistotalk Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:24 am

Howdy y'all! (insert mental picture of Woody from Toy Story tipping his hat)

I've been away due to massive work stress for the last few months and decided, due to recent events, to come on over here and tell you of what I'm putting together with a colleague of mine.

I just finished a web development contract with a buddy of mine for the company I work for, and he happens to, as a guy who runs a web hosting/development company, have a bunch of server space with nothing to do on it. I recently got him addicted to Minecraft and he is working on getting things together to host a server/servers. With the very-soon-to-be-released (if you're reading this in the future, the previously released) Pretty Scary Update I feel the game is going to be worth playing regularly, at least for a while, and am looking to invite my old GamingSteam/Mr.-Man-when-we-still-ran-the-joint buddies back together for at least one last grand hoorah.

This being said, I'm looking to get some of our old archived maps from Apache for potential implementation into the new server as well as the myriad expertise of all you server boffins in designing a really fun server to play on. With this new server being hosted on a company-sized server, the room for mods and fantastically small lag times is ridiculous, so I think it could be a blast.

I'll be on occasionally over the next week or so and would love to hear input from you all if anyone is interested.

All the best,

Myjob
myjobistotalk
myjobistotalk
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

I'm back; and boy-howdy, how back I am. Empty Re: I'm back; and boy-howdy, how back I am.

Post by Battletran Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:11 am

I would first like to say howdy. Very Happy It's been a while since everyone has really communicated or collaborated and I would be very interested in the potential server capabilities. Minecraft never fails to put you in a trance for a couple of months and I have been playing quite a bit, lately. After the collapse of our Teamspeak server, no one has done much as a group so I believe we should get that up and running again and everything else will be a casual sequence. I believe it would be lots of fun.

bounce
Battletran
Battletran
Nerd Level 01
Nerd Level 01

Back to top Go down

I'm back; and boy-howdy, how back I am. Empty Re: I'm back; and boy-howdy, how back I am.

Post by hexter Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:32 pm

never thought id see you back here! I haven't even opened minecraft since the old server but i would be willing to play just to see some of the old guys. And thats not true there battle, the few of us that play league still get on and communicate through an old friends ventrillo.
hexter
hexter
Nerd Level 02
Nerd Level 02

Back to top Go down

I'm back; and boy-howdy, how back I am. Empty The Server Now Exists

Post by myjobistotalk Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:20 pm

The Server is Up and Running. We're prepping perms and basic layout/world selection right now. Apache, if you read this, I'd love to get you in on the project, especially if you have the GamingSteam Survival map archived with the original UFO and mountaintop spawn setup.

I'd love to get Apache, Jippe, Hector, Sam, Righty, Killa, Sarge etc. back into the loop of things if possible. My goal is to have a great survival server with factions and currency and a massive Creative area, similar to the old MMPr, up and running within the next couple weeks. It's gonna be fun regardless. Any concerns, questions, or inspirational stories you may have should be posted below.

Teamspeak is potentially on the way 'cause I'm cool like that. Cool

Thanks.

-Myjob
myjobistotalk
myjobistotalk
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

Post by Battletran Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:49 pm

I am very excited about playing on the server. I would be more than happy to contact some of the people that you listed as folks who you would like to get back into the loop of things. I'll also point Apache in this direction and I'm sure he'll be happy to contribute.

bounce
Battletran
Battletran
Nerd Level 01
Nerd Level 01

Back to top Go down

Post by SargentJ Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:15 pm

I'm in for some fun. Smile
SargentJ
SargentJ
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

Post by Apache Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:25 pm

What's up! Didn't know if anyone was still alive or not but it looks like there is! I suppose I am up for one last hoorah! Finding those map archives could be a bit tricky but I will look around! Smile

Welcome back myjobs!
Apache
Apache
Admin

https://gamingsteam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by myjobistotalk Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Mmkay. I'm aiming to haul people in on Saturday. Glad to be back and I'm dying to play some 1.4! (Hooray updates!)
myjobistotalk
myjobistotalk
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

Post by Apache Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:33 pm

I believe I have found the archives. They are named pixelvault and pixelhardcore
Apache
Apache
Admin

https://gamingsteam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hexter Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:31 pm

just waiting on an ip
hexter
hexter
Nerd Level 02
Nerd Level 02

Back to top Go down

Post by myjobistotalk Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Alrighty! Server is updating and TS3 is online! (current max 10 channels, more can be added when necessary.)

TS3: chi-voice.fragnet.net:10033
Password (for now) is pirate2012

I'll post the server as soon as we have the perms in place. Should only be an hour or so.
myjobistotalk
myjobistotalk
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

Post by myjobistotalk Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:56 pm

Server is Online. Perms will be distributed accordingly. Please respond if you'd like to be promoted from Guest so you can build.
66.225.231.138:25965
myjobistotalk
myjobistotalk
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

Post by Battletran Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:06 pm

I apologize for the delayed response. cyclops I will try to be active on the teamspeak and minecraft server. I'm excited to get on and I presume my posting here will suggest that I would like to be promoted. Thanks.

bounce
Battletran
Battletran
Nerd Level 01
Nerd Level 01

Back to top Go down

Post by myjobistotalk Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:59 pm

Battletran wrote:I apologize for the delayed response. cyclops I will try to be active on the teamspeak and minecraft server. I'm excited to get on and I presume my posting here will suggest that I would like to be promoted. Thanks.

bounce

Welcome to the server, amigo. Very Happy
myjobistotalk
myjobistotalk
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

Post by SargentJ Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:13 pm

Sorry, I would like to be promoted also
SargentJ
SargentJ
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down