GamingSteam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lucid dreams

3 posters

Go down

Lucid dreams Empty Lucid dreams

Post by hexter Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:03 am

a lcid dream is a dream wherein you realize you are dreaming, and are then able to control your dreams. i stumbled upon lucid dreaming about 2 years ago when watching a youtube video in which a guy said he has been able o do it as a kid, so i figured its something you are born with and i couldnt learn to do it. Recently however i remembered it and i have been doing research and it is possible to learn to have lucid dreams so tonight starts my self training. so i was wondering has anyone else heard of lucid dreaming or has even experienced it. tell me what you think
hexter
hexter
Nerd Level 02
Nerd Level 02

Back to top Go down

Lucid dreams Empty Re: Lucid dreams

Post by Janitor Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:05 am

You could try listening to faint binaural beats (find em on youtube) while sleeping. I've never tried it, but I read somewhere they "supposedly help". It supposedly also helps to try and remember dreams you've had, so wake up and sit for a moment and just recall all you can remember.

Also try, especially since it's Spring Break and you don't have to worry as much about sleep scheduals, to wake yourself with an alarm in the middle of the night ~3:00-4:00 three times at 20 minute intervals. Then, go back so sleep without any interruptions until you naturally wake up.

As a semi-related note, studies found that ~40% who go to bed thinking "I'm going to dream about ____" actually wake up remembering a dream about that subject. Dreaming (according to some theories) is a way for the body to "make up" problems that could appear in the future - Dreams can be a place for the mind to learn from past experiences and apply them to "new" and "unexperienced" problems. In fact, your body, during REM sleep, actually tries to act out the dreams you are having. However, during REM your brain renders your entire non-vital muscles unusable so that you don't hurt yourself when "acting out" these dreams. People with sever sleepwalking-like disorders often have a problem where their brain won't "shut off" these muscles, therefore they act out their dreams just as if they were awake.
Janitor
Janitor
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddster Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:16 pm

I heard that if you do regular "dream checks" during the day it helps... for example, if every 15 minutes you tap yourself in the nose to check that you're not dreaming, it will become a part of your routine, so naturally you'll also do it while dreaming.

i had a lucid dream once.... i started grabbing girls' boobs... now i can do that in real life since im in a frat.
Eddster
Eddster
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

Post by hexter Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:21 pm

Eddster wrote: now i can do that in real life since im in a frat.
this made my day hahaha
hexter
hexter
Nerd Level 02
Nerd Level 02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum