GamingSteam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revolution: We must rebuild or we will die... well, maybe not die...

+4
Apache
hexter
hectorv1979
myjobistotalk
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do You Want Thiiiiis?

Revolution: We must rebuild or we will die... well, maybe not die... Vote_lcap75%Revolution: We must rebuild or we will die... well, maybe not die... Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]
Revolution: We must rebuild or we will die... well, maybe not die... Vote_lcap25%Revolution: We must rebuild or we will die... well, maybe not die... Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
Revolution: We must rebuild or we will die... well, maybe not die... Vote_lcap0%Revolution: We must rebuild or we will die... well, maybe not die... Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Revolution: We must rebuild or we will die... well, maybe not die... Vote_lcap0%Revolution: We must rebuild or we will die... well, maybe not die... Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Revolution: We must rebuild or we will die... well, maybe not die... Empty Revolution: We must rebuild or we will die... well, maybe not die...

Post by myjobistotalk Mon May 07, 2012 11:02 am

My fellow GamingSteamers,

As a Minecraft junkie, I need my proper fix of a Survival/Creative in-game experience with other talented and entertaining players. The perfect mix of these two modes of play sits at all times in a very delicate balance to produce the optimum playing experience. Right now, I cannot enjoy my 'crafting as I once did due to the various antics of certain administrative failures (*cough* Mr. *cough* Man) on previously entertaining servers.

Even with the current semi-formal "filming server" setup, I would like to formally propose a new server design to potentially change up, and I think drastically improve, our community's playing environment.

The plan would be to implement a series of 3 worlds, 4 should we desire to continue the filming idea.

World 1: Moderately Hardcore Survival
In this mode, you would be granted a limited number of "lives" at the beginning of a two-week period; for the sake of argument, let's say 5. Should a player die, he/she would lose a "life", just as in any classic video game, but should he/she run completely out of lives, the metaphorical player would have to wait for the beginning of the next playing term to be granted their full stock of lives. Lives would not roll over, encouraging a build-up and assault aspect to the server, due to the fact that if you don't go and do something potentially dangerous, you're going to lose your lives you've so carefully saved anyway.
I would also like to build up an iConomy and thriving Factions setup as we have in the past, as those plugins have caused great amusement in my experience.

World 2: Creative Visitors World
For those of you who remember the MMPr Creative server's heyday when Apache was King, Battletran roamed the lands, Hector banned people for, and I quote, "looking at him funny", and I ran around trying not to kill Ministyle98 for being outright obnoxious, I would like to bring that insanity back.
For that previous level of hilarity to exist, we need to reestablish the "prove you're not a pain-in-the-butt" mentality that existed amongst that Creative community, but not just stop there. I believe an integration between the Creative and Survival communities could provide a better gameplay experience for all, with the most benefit coming to the players who play both worlds, earning a VIP/Donor status of some sort, and access to WE controls. Needless to say, Rollback/LogBlock plugins would make-or-break this addition. haha
The Visitor's world, which this paragraph is supposedly meant to talk about, would be a proving ground for players. As in the old MMPr model, players would join, and then either go about building in the hopes of being approved for membership, or blow everything around them apart as griefers so often see fit. There is no safety in Visitor world.

World 3: Creative Member's World
In the past, under Apache's leadership and my guidance, the MMPr creative server was truly an awesome sight to behold. Massive artwork, architecture, redstone devices, and anything else the heart could dream up dotted the landscape for a hundred-thousand square-blocks. This was possible because it was a Members-Only area. Simply put, I want this back. Badly. I miss hopping online and another huge chunk of landscape had been filled with some ridiculous pixel art or the newest addition to Mini's Hogwarts.(seriously, that kid could build)

Closing Remarks
I believe the future of GamingSteam's Minecraft server can be truly fun, given that we take up a more hands-on approach to the Admin/Mod-army setup for the server, reimplement a VIP/donor system into gameplay, and all work to play on the GamingSteam server and not dawdle around in the MMPr wastelands or any other servers.

Please respond with thoughts, concerns, inspirational thoughts or ideas, or what you had for your most recent meal.

Steamingly gaming,

Myjobistotalk
myjobistotalk
myjobistotalk
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

Revolution: We must rebuild or we will die... well, maybe not die... Empty Re: Revolution: We must rebuild or we will die... well, maybe not die...

Post by hectorv1979 Mon May 07, 2012 1:41 pm

excellent idea job
hectorv1979
hectorv1979
Nerd Level 02
Nerd Level 02

Back to top Go down

Revolution: We must rebuild or we will die... well, maybe not die... Empty Re: Revolution: We must rebuild or we will die... well, maybe not die...

Post by hexter Mon May 07, 2012 2:24 pm

and secret world 4 for filming
hexter
hexter
Nerd Level 02
Nerd Level 02

Back to top Go down

Post by myjobistotalk Mon May 07, 2012 2:28 pm

hexter wrote:and secret world 4 for filming

Exactly Very Happy
myjobistotalk
myjobistotalk
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

Post by Apache Mon May 07, 2012 2:30 pm

If we were to do this we would need more ram for our server because running 3 worlds at once is alot of CPU and ram usage. What it all amounts to is money. If we got the money we can do it.

I do really like the idea though it would be nice to have a "fun" server to play on.
Apache
Apache
Admin

https://gamingsteam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hexter Mon May 07, 2012 2:31 pm

this actually isn't a terrible idea at all myjob. i could see it bringing in people if we advertise it right, the hardcore wouldn't need much moderating, and whatever mods who are on at the time can handle the creatives. mods ofcourse would have unlimited lives on hardcore right Wink
hexter
hexter
Nerd Level 02
Nerd Level 02

Back to top Go down

Post by myjobistotalk Mon May 07, 2012 2:36 pm

Apache wrote:If we were to do this we would need more ram for our server because running 3 worlds at once is alot of CPU and ram usage. What it all amounts to is money. If we got the money we can do it.

I do really like the idea though it would be nice to have a "fun" server to play on.

How much money will it take?
myjobistotalk
myjobistotalk
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

Post by myjobistotalk Mon May 07, 2012 2:36 pm

hexter wrote:this actually isn't a terrible idea at all myjob. i could see it bringing in people if we advertise it right, the hardcore wouldn't need much moderating, and whatever mods who are on at the time can handle the creatives. mods ofcourse would have unlimited lives on hardcore right Wink

We'll see. Razz
myjobistotalk
myjobistotalk
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

Post by hexter Mon May 07, 2012 2:37 pm

on hardcore we could charge people to get extra lives. as for the travel hub between the worlds i think we could make a large castle with plots of land people could buy, and put up shops or bases there like we did for a short while on mmpr
hexter
hexter
Nerd Level 02
Nerd Level 02

Back to top Go down

Post by myjobistotalk Mon May 07, 2012 2:38 pm

hexter wrote:on hardcore we could charge people to get extra lives. as for the travel hub between the worlds i think we could make a large castle with plots of land people could buy, and put up shops or bases there like we did for a short while on mmpr

Now you're getting the idea.
myjobistotalk
myjobistotalk
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

Post by hexter Mon May 07, 2012 2:41 pm

myjobistotalk wrote:
Apache wrote:If we were to do this we would need more ram for our server because running 3 worlds at once is alot of CPU and ram usage. What it all amounts to is money. If we got the money we can do it.

well would it be cheaper to buy 2 or three seperate servers or one super server?
hexter
hexter
Nerd Level 02
Nerd Level 02

Back to top Go down

Post by Swiss Mon May 07, 2012 4:19 pm

Sounds interesting ...Smile
But don't do the same misstake as Mr.Man and give
the visitors of the creative server the visitor's world as
first impression ...

Show them it's actually worthy building something somewhere ...
And maybe even add WorldGuard-terrains so people can build without
being disturbed and then their building can be transfered to member's
world and will be deleted from visitor's

Swiss
Swiss
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

Post by Apache Mon May 07, 2012 4:22 pm

hexter wrote:
myjobistotalk wrote:

well would it be cheaper to buy 2 or three seperate servers or one super server?

One 4gb server would be about $50 a month. Which could probably handle the Survival and the Members Creative. Then for a 1.5gb server would be about $20 and could run the Visitors Creative and Filming World. Which is about $70 total a month.

I am not quite sure if a 4gb server could handle 4 worlds very well.

EDIT: Or a 8gb server for $70. Which should be able to handle our needs I would think.
Apache
Apache
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by myjobistotalk Mon May 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Apache wrote:
hexter wrote:
myjobistotalk wrote:

One 4gb server would be about $50 a month. Which could probably handle the Survival and the Members Creative. Then for a 1.5gb server would be about $20 and could run the Visitors Creative and Filming World. Which is about $70 total a month.

I am not quite sure if a 4gb server could handle 4 worlds very well.

EDIT: Or a 8gb server for $70. Which should be able to handle our needs I would think.

I think the 8gb would be the best option for the money. Is there a discount for larger timeframe payments? i.e. months to a year? I'd be up for spotting a chunk of change for whatever we end up doing.

Also, should we look into actually purchasing a physical server, or is that just silly?
myjobistotalk
myjobistotalk
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

Post by Battletran Mon May 07, 2012 7:06 pm

I am enthralled by this proposition. I love the three worlds with the additional filming server idea. We would have a larger audience if we had an active variety of choices, which is why I support Myjobistotalk's idea. I agree with Swiss when it comes to first impression. Money would also be an issue, but I think we could come up with the resources by advertising and donations. I wanted to state my opinion and let you all know that I support this concept.

bounce
Battletran
Battletran
Nerd Level 01
Nerd Level 01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace131998 Mon May 07, 2012 9:16 pm

I love the idea of 4 worlds nice,sound, FUN Very Happy
Ace131998
Ace131998
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

Post by Swiss Mon May 07, 2012 11:39 pm

Hetzner (EN)
Server4You (EN)

Please chose a server in europe ....... *BIGSMILE*
Swiss
Swiss
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

Post by Apache Tue May 08, 2012 9:55 am

I just need to know if we are going to actually do this before may 25 so I can cancel the old server.
Apache
Apache
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by myjobistotalk Tue May 08, 2012 11:33 am

I'm game to say yes, out with the old, in with the new. Please "Quote" and reply to my post here if you'd be willing to pitch in some cash.
myjobistotalk
myjobistotalk
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

Post by hexter Tue May 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Swiss wrote:Hetzner (EN)
Server4You (EN)

most i think most of our members are in North America so I'm going to guess no.

myjobistotalk wrote:I'm game to say yes, out with the old, in with the new. Please "Quote" and reply to my post here if you'd be willing to pitch in some cash.
I would be willing to pitch in a little but as a wise man once said "I'd like to keep my financial footprint in this to a minimum."
hexter
hexter
Nerd Level 02
Nerd Level 02

Back to top Go down

Post by Swiss Tue May 08, 2012 5:28 pm

hexter wrote:
Swiss wrote:Hetzner (EN)
Server4You (EN)

most i think most of our members are in North America so I'm going to guess no.

myjobistotalk wrote:I'm game to say yes, out with the old, in with the new. Please "Quote" and reply to my post here if you'd be willing to pitch in some cash.
I would be willing to pitch in a little but as a wise man once said "I'd like to keep my financial footprint in this to a minimum."

I hope you're not saying 'no' to the links because you might wanna check the avaibility of the servers ...
Anyway check the websites if you haven't done so ...
Swiss
Swiss
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

Post by Apache Wed May 09, 2012 11:11 am

IF there was a way to somehow fundraise the money quickly that would be great.
Apache
Apache
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by myjobistotalk Wed May 09, 2012 12:57 pm

Apache wrote:IF there was a way to somehow fundraise the money quickly that would be great.

Apache, if you would please post a link to your PayPal, I would encourage our community members to send you some dollars via the interwebs. I plan to invest a substantial amount in this endeavour, but I know I'm not the only one planning to play on this server over the next few months. Very Happy
myjobistotalk
myjobistotalk
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

Post by Apache Wed May 09, 2012 4:11 pm

myjobistotalk wrote:
Apache wrote:IF there was a way to somehow fundraise the money quickly that would be great.

Apache, if you would please post a link to your PayPal, I would encourage our community members to send you some dollars via the interwebs. I plan to invest a substantial amount in this endeavour, but I know I'm not the only one planning to play on this server over the next few months. Very Happy

Donate
Apache
Apache
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by myjobistotalk Wed May 09, 2012 5:19 pm

Apache wrote:
myjobistotalk wrote:

Donate

I'm in for $50, for the rest of you, please chip in for this. I'd like to get back on top of my game. afro
myjobistotalk
myjobistotalk
Nerd Level 00
Nerd Level 00

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum